Monday 8 September 2014

Troll Costume finished at last

Well, after a long and difficult week fighting with Troll bodies trying to get the padded bits under the machine to get the zips in etc, I can at last say they are finished. I just need to sew on the hands and feet, but want to try them on the kids first to make sure they fit, as it would be nightmare taking them off again. Luckily my Grandson, Edward, came on a surprise visit with his Dad all the way from Devon and he was able to model for me (Hooray)!!He is big for his age,7, and managed to get a costume on without much trouble so I am hopeful for Sunday when the kids will be trying them on.
Here are some pics of Edward happily modelling the costume. ps I did have to bribe him a bit with some money towards a 2016 trip to Disney we are all saving for ;)
Troll Costume



 
 
I have had lots of request for Solo costumes this week too, so I am going to squeeze them in, as the Frozen troupe is not going to be needed now till November. I am in the process of developing The Snowman and have been finding it difficult getting the body right, as it needs to be easy to dance in. At the moment it is too heavy, so I am going to take out all the stuffing and start again. Here is a photo of Edward modelling what I have done so far, I am getting there.
 
 
The head needs to fit tighter round the face. I am really looking forward to putting the features on, that is the best bit, it is when they come 'alive'. I have also been asked to make some more costumes for the Alice in Wonderland troupe that has won lots of competitions. I have got to say that they were some of my best work, certainly very challenging. Here is a photo of the troupe in action
 
 
Alice in Wonderland
 
 
 
There are lots more photos of my work on my Facebook page Chris Davoile Costumes Coventry
 
I will post more photos next week. I am hoping to have The Snowman finished and about 6 Solo costumes - going to be busy!! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment